Smart surge protector WTH-40/AC220+DC24/Wi-Fi series are perfect suit for your AC power supply system as well as DC power supply system. The smart monitoring system came with multiple connection choice: Wi-Fi, RS485 - Cloud, Modbus. Easily extend cloud service capability, allows real-time remote monitoring and managing your surge protection system through cloud service.
WTH-40/AC220+DC24/Wi-Fi serie splits currents to protect surge protector against potential damage from overvoltage. Widely used in data center or front-end equipment to protect power supply and cable from surge.
In accordance with: IEC 61643-1 - Class II and UL1449 Type 4 Location
※ Wi-Fi, RS485-Cloud:
Cloud Service, remote monitoring, alerts sent by E-mail
Convenient for the secondary development
Nominal operating voltage (Un)
Max. continuous operating voltage (Uc)
Nominal Discharge Current (In)
Max. Discharge Current (Imax)
Voltage protection level (Up)
Response Time (tA)
Leakage Current (at 75%U1mA)
Protection Rating (IP Code)
Surge Life at 3kA (8/20μs)
- 40°F to 176°F (-40°C to 80°C)
0% to 95% noncondensing
Maximum Operating Altitude
10,000 feet (3000m)
Terminal Cross Section
Stripping Length Contacts
Max. Terminal Screw Torque
DIN Rail EN60715
35mm top-hat rail
Dimensions DIN 43880
Thermoplastic (UL94 V-0)
Net Weight Per Unit
Package Dimension (W×H×D)
Visit us at
Smart Surge Protective Device - Page 02
Smater GreenSPD Cloud
This GreenSPD App is applied in the Wi-Fi connection settings for Watchful EyE Smart Surge Protective Device－Smart GreenSPD series. For example, after the Smart GreenSPD is connected to Wi-Fi successfully, the working condition of the Smart GreenSPD and surge counts will be periodically transmitted to the GreenSPD Cloud, A professional personnel can use an internet browser for remote accessing to www.greenspd.com for real-time viewing working conditions of the Surge Protective Devices.
1. Display App GreenSPD
2. Log in with password of Wi-Fi connection.
3. Connect Smart SPD to power supply: connect the Micro USB port of Smart GreenSPD to a USB power supply
4. The green, orange and red LED lights on the Smart GreenSPD panel will be steady-on for 2 seconds, then followed by the green LED light blinking slowly; if the Smart GreenSPD fails to connect to Wi-Fi router in 20 seconds, the green LED light will blink quickly.
5. While the green LED light is blinking quickly, continuously press RESET button for 5 seconds. Release the button until the orange LED light blinks quickly instead.
6. Click TICK button on the App interface.
7. Wait for up to 40 seconds, the user name and password of Wi-Fi connection is being written into the Smart GreenSPD in this process.
8. When the green LED light blinks, Wi-Fi password setting is completed and the Smart GreenSPD is being connected to Wi-Fi router.
9. If the green LED light is Steady-on, the Smart GreenSPD is connected to Wi-Fi router properly.
10. If the orange LED lights are Steady-on, TCP/IP is connected properly.
11. If the red LED is steady-on, it indicates that the surge protector is faulty or surge counts increasing. Press RESET to recover. If the red LED is still Steady-on, it indicates fault, requiring replacement of the surge protector.
Smart GreenSPD LED indicators:
I Red LED light
1. Off: SPD works properly
2. Steady-on: SPD is defective
II Green LED light
1. Off: no access to Wi-Fi router
2. Blink slowly: in the access to Wi-Fi router
3. Steady-on: Smart GreenSPD is connected to Wi-Fi router properly
4. Blink quickly: Smart GreenSPD cannot be connected to Wi-Fi, check if the Wi-Fi router works normally; reset the username and password of Wi-Fi connection.
III Orange LED light
1. Off: TCP/IP can’t be connected.
2. Steady-on：TCP/IP is connected properly.
3. Blink slowly：TCP/IP is sending data, the frequency of blinking is based on the frequency of data sending, e.g. if data is sent once every minute, the orange LED light will blink slowly once every minute accordingly.
4. Blink quickly：When press the RESET button continuously, LED lights will blink quickly, requiring the App to reset username and password of Wi-Fi connection.
Memo: four status of LED indicators:
3. Blink slowly: LED lights blink in a rate of twice a second
4. Blink quickly: LED lights blink in a rate of 5 times a second
Smart Surge Protective Device - Page 03
System Diagrammatic Drawing:
Setting of connection to Wi-Fi:
Watchful Eye on Youtube:
Smart Surge Protective Device - Page 04
Smart product series with Wi-Fi networking:
Features: Internet of things, cloud services, wireless networks, remote office
1. Industrial Wi-Fi networking
2. Remote monitoring of surge protector working status (lightning count + fault indicator)
3. Extended function: remote monitoring switch value, equipment with switch value output: door megnet, flooding, temperature, humidity, infrared, tilt, smoke, etc.
4. Remote management, login the cloud at any time to view data of working status of equipment
5, Alets sent by E-mail
Demo on how to log in:
User Name: CAFE2010
Smart Surge Protective Device - Page 06
The monitoring webpage displayed after log in
If a bundled E-mail is set, you can use the bundled E-mail address as user name
Roll down to view more node information displays
Smart Surge Protective Device - Page 07
（5）Surge protector fault alert page display
If "Alarm LED" status displays "abnormal", the text turns red and it contains an email alert sending function
If "Bunlded E-mail" or "Share to E-mail" is set, an E-mail alert is sent to the corresponding mailbox
Alert sent by Email
Smart Surge Protective Device - Page 08
Get to know Smart Surge Protector WTH-CS/Wi-Fi
1. LCD display 0-9 numbers and A-F letters, check the following table:
2. Device number and the value of lightning counts
（1）Each product has a unique device number that is cured in the product at the factory
（2）Connect USB to power supply
（3）The LCD screen displays: 2 digits or letters on the first display, 3 digits or letters on the second display, 3 digits or letters on the third display, the device number consists of 8 digits or letters totally (Take the device number CAFE2010 as example: the first display: CA, the second display: FE2, the third display: 010)
（4）After 3 displays, the final display is lightning counts, and is retained on the LCD screen.
3. Product serial number:
（1）Each product has a unique product serial number, the factory bar code label is attached to the side of the product (e.g. CNW127300-77C002
（2）This serial number is a proof of product warranty and follow-up service
4. User name and password for cloud service login:
（1）8-bit device number displayed on the LCD is the default user name for log in cloud service, letters are non case-sensitive.
（2）After the initial login, you can set a bundled E-mail, the bundled E-mail can also be used as the login user name
（3）The serial number attached to the side of the product is the default password for login, be noted it’s case sensitive.
（4）After the initial login, please change the password
（5）If you forget your password, you can retrieve the password with the bundled E-mail on the login page.
5. Wiring of products:
（1）Lightning Counting Magnetic Ring: There are 2 green terminals on the rail clamp, which connect the magnetic ring of the number of lightning strikes, and the magnetic ring is set on the grounding wire
（2）Surge protection remote signal or binary signal wiring: there’re four green terminals under the USB jack, in an order from top to bottom: 1-2, 3-4.
（3）1-2 wiring for Surge protector (built-in) monitoring of cloud service (channel 1)
（4）3-4 Wiring for Surge Protector (Extended) Monitoring for Cloud Services (channel 2)
（5）1-2, 3-4 terminals are commonly used to monitor other switch value signal, the text description on the cloud service webpage can be customized.
6. Preparation for Wi-Fi networking setup:
（1）Make sure Wi-Fi network is normal at the site where the WTH-CS / Wi-Fi product is installed.
（2）Test the Wi-Fi networking status on cell phone, and make sure webpages can be opened normally
（3）Download GreenSPD App on the cell phone (search GreenSPD in Apple Store or scan the 2D code on page 2 of this manual)
（4）Prepare a USB power supply for providing power to the product (no output current requirement)
（5）prepare a paper clip (or a small toothpick whichever can be inserted into the Reset hole)